Vig & Juice Ep.6: HB 2070 & HB 1121
Vig & Juice is a podcast discussing the history and legality of gambling and sports betting in the US. Vig & Juice is hosted by three attorneys who practice Fantasy Sports & Gaming Law at Vela Wood.
In this episode, we discuss the two sports betting bills proposed in this year’s legislative session, HB 2070 and HB 1121, which sought to legalize sports betting in Texas, and we share our predictions for when sports betting could realistically be legalized in Texas.
- 1:30 – Texas’ Constitutional Amendment Process
- 3:50 – Legalization Support Poll
- 5:20 – Brick-and-Mortar v. Digital Sports Betting
- 9:15 – HB 1120 Fees, Licenses & Skins
- 10:45 – Legalization Red Tape
- 12:30 – Legalization Timeline Predictions
- 15:30 – Lack of Enforcement
- 17:00 – Payment Processing
- 19:15 – Final Predictions
- Fantasy Sports & Gaming Association
- Dallas Morning News: (University of Texas at Tyler poll)