VDR Ch. 5: Control Terms of the Term Sheet
By Vela Wood
Office Hours is our podcast covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review Chapter 5: Control Terms of the Term Sheet and discuss which activities a company’s board of directors must approve, how long a company should keep control of its board, the difference between a board member and board observer, and negotiating a threshold for protective provisions.
- How much equity should I grant to advisors?
- Silicon Valley Review Season 2, Episode 2-4: The Importance of a Good Board
- Silicon Valley Review Season 3, Episode 1: Are you the right CEO?
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep29: Recapitalization, Founder’s Syndrome & The Unruly Board Member
- The Company Agreement Explained: What are Fundamental Business Transactions and Why Are They Important?
- The Company Agreement Explained: Types of Decisions Made by Managers and Members
- How to Resolve Decisions in Deadlock
- Venture Deals Review Ch. 4, Part 2: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet
- Venture Deals Review Ch. 4, Part 1: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet
- VW Startup Lifecycle Infographic
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!