VDR Ch. 9: Crowdfunding
September 20, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is our podcast covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review Chapter 9: “Crowdfunding” and discuss product, charity, and equity crowdfunding, company types that best fit crowdfunding, the importance of being familiar with securities regulations and exemptions, and the future of crowdfunding.
Select Offering Exemptions Guide
Join us on September 27th!
- Securities Laws Matter to Startups (Yes, Yours Too)
- Why You Need to Consider Blue Sky Laws Before Conducting a Capital Raise
- Title IV of the JOBS Act is Passed
- SEC Releases Long-Standing Proposed Crowdfunding Rules
- How Lifting the Solicitation Ban Benefits Startups
- Drafting LLC Company Agreements: What is a Capital Contribution?
- States Taking Crowdfunding Regulation Into Their Own Hands
- Crowdfunding: What can we learn from Kickstarter stats?
- Does your company’s ICO need to be registered with the SEC as a securities offering?
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!