VDR Ch. 12: Raising Money the Right Way
By Vela Wood
Office Hours is our podcast covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review Chapter 12: “Raising Money the Right Way” and discuss what your venture attorney’s role is – and isn’t – in raising money, expectations for your Friends and Family Round, and best practices when emailing potential investors.
- Startup Lifecycle Infographic
- Learning From “No”
- Who’s Drafting Your Pitch Deck?
- Does Your Idea Really Need An NDA?
- The 50-50 Equity Split(up)
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!