Three Things with Travis Holt: Insurance For Startups
Three Things is a Vela Wood podcast where we ask leaders in the startup and small business communities three questions related to their experience with entrepreneurship.
In this episode, we talk with Travis Holt, the co-founder of Brush Creek Partners, a commercial insurance and risk management firm in Kansas City, about insurance needs for early-stage companies. We discuss the three core policies SaaS companies need, the current D&O insurance market, and key exclusions to look for in a policy. You can connect with Travis on LinkedIn here.
- 1:40 – Standard Categories of Business Insurance
- 3:35 – General Liability Policies
- 7:40 – Insurance for Professional Services Businesses
- 8:30 – Cyber Liability Policies
- 10:20 – Three Core Policies For SaaS Companies
- 12:35 – D&O Insurance (Investors Require)
- 14:30 – Relying on Expertise of Broker
- 15:26 – Beware of Exclusions / 3 Reasons Carriers Exclude
- 17:08 – Exotic Insurance (Wimbledon’s Event Cancellation Policy)
- 18:05 – Beware of Potential Clients’ Egregious Insurance Requirements
- 20:20 – Wrapping Up