Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep10: Employee Handbooks & Terminating Employees
June 26, 2017 | By Vela Wood
In Silicon Valley Review, we review each episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley and discuss how it applies to real startups.
In this episode, we review S4, Ep10: “Server Error” and discuss legal and practical reasons for maintaining an employee handbook, distinguishing between policy and discrimination when terminating an employee, best practices for transitioning employees out, and more.
- Handbook for Texas Employers: At-Will Employment
- FLSA minimum wage exemptions for founders
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld
- VW Office Hours: Terminating Employees
- Can I Fire an Employee for That?
- Succession Planning: A Critical Part of Management and a Business’s Ongoing Success
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Hiring a Developer? Get it in Writing First.
- The Company Agreement Explained: Confidential Information and Non-Compete
- Does Your Idea Really Need an NDA?
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!