Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep10: Employee Handbooks & Terminating Employees
By Vela Wood
In Silicon Valley Review, we review each episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley and discuss how it applies to real startups.
In this episode, we review S4, Ep10: “Server Error” and discuss legal and practical reasons for maintaining an employee handbook, distinguishing between policy and discrimination when terminating an employee, best practices for transitioning employees out, and more.
- Handbook for Texas Employers: At-Will Employment
- FLSA minimum wage exemptions for founders
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld
- VW Office Hours: Terminating Employees
- Can I Fire an Employee for That?
- Succession Planning: A Critical Part of Management and a Business’s Ongoing Success
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Hiring a Developer? Get it in Writing First.
- The Company Agreement Explained: Confidential Information and Non-Compete
- Does Your Idea Really Need an NDA?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!