Preparing for Funding Ep7: Seed Round
By Vela Wood
Applications due April 6th. Apply now!
Office Hours is our podcast covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Preparing For Funding is a series of Office Hours episodes about getting your company’s legal house in order before taking on funding.
In this episode, we discuss what constitutes a seed round in Dallas and contrast the three potential structures of a seed round – equity, convertible note, and a SAFE.
- Here’s Why Dallas is Primed For ‘Series A’ Funding
- Charting the Landscape of Series Seed Investing in North Texas
- Early-Stage Startup Lifecycle Infographic
- VDR Ch. 8: Convertible Debt
- VDR Ch. 6, Part 1: Other Terms of the Term Sheet (protective provisions)
- Don’t Have Enough Authorized Shares? There’s a Fix for That.
- VDR Ch. 3: Overview of the Term Sheet
- VDR Ch. 4, Part 1: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet (valuations)
- How Lifting the Solicitation Ban Benefits Startups
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!