Preparing for Funding Ep1: Incorporation
By Vela Wood
Office Hours is our podcast covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Preparing For Funding is a series of Office Hours episodes about getting your company’s legal house in order before taking on funding.
In this episode, we discuss why your company’s legal matters, lifestyle businesses v. venture-backed businesses, whether you should form your entity as a corporation or LLC, implications of the new tax code, and the filing requirements for entity formation.
- Make an Investment in Legal
- What’s The Difference Between A Small Business And A Startup?
- Choosing The Right Entity
- Why Your Startup Should (Likely) Be A C-Corp
- Why Your Small Business Should (Likely) Be An LLC
- Do I Really Owe Delaware $75,000? Explaining Delaware Franchise Tax Calculations.
- The Company Agreement Explained
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!