VDR Ch. 4, Part 2: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet
August 1, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by venture attorneys at Vela Wood covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review “Chapter 4: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet” and discuss why venture-backed startups must vest their equity, why you shouldn’t give employees Restricted Stock Purchase Agreements, how to get VCs to agree to a smaller option pool, and the difference between full ratchet anti-dilution and weighted-average anti-dilution.
- Do you really need that much money now?
- Hiring Your First Employees
- How much equity should I grant to advisors?
- Negotiating Like a Pawn Star
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep38: Employee Handbooks & Terminating Employees
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep36: Key Man Insurance v. Key Holder Clauses
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep32: Assigning IP, Vesting Schedules & Spending Investor Money
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep30: Cocky CEOs, Ex Co-Founders & Terms of Service
- The 50-50 Equity Split(up)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!