VDR Ch. 2: How to Raise Money
July 18, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by venture attorneys at Vela Wood covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review “Chapter 2: How to Raise Money” and discuss how to determine how much money to raise, how to prepare a pitch deck, whether or not you need a PPM, four key roles of a lead investor, and first practical steps after deciding to raise money.
- Do You Really Need That Much Money Now?
- How Much Equity Should I Grant to Advisors?
- VW Startup Lifecycle Infographic
- Presenting to Investors: Conciseness = Clarity
- Who’s Drafting Your Pitch Deck?
- Getting to “No”
- Keep Your Early Rounds Small, Your Valuations Reasonable, and Close Quickly
- Learning From “No”
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!