Venture Deals Review Ch. 1: The Players
July 11, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by venture attorneys at Vela Wood covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review “Chapter 1: The Players” and discuss the non-monetary value your VC should provide, issues with Friends and Family financing, how the angel investor ecosystem has evolved, and how paying advisors success fees can violate SEC laws.
- Foundry Group
- Dallas Angel Network
- VW Venture Deals Year in Review 2016
- Seed Round Capital Raise Audit 2013-2015
- How Much Equity Should I Grant to Advisors?
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep35: Did Bream Hall & Erlich Violate SEC Securities Regulation Laws?
- VW Startup Lifecycle Infographic
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep31: Types of Investors, Seed Funding & Collaborative VCs
- Securities Straight Talk Vol. 4: Why You Need to Consider Blue Sky Laws Before Conducting a Capital Raise
- Here’s why Dallas is primed for ‘Series A’ funding
- Finding an Angel Investor in Texas
- The Shifting Landscape of Angel Investing
- Are You Ready to Talk to Angel Investors?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!