VDR Ch. 7: The Cap Table
September 5, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review Chapter 7: “The Capitalization Table” and discuss best uses of cap tables, online cap table management platforms, and how VCs and companies each approach calculating price per share.
- How much equity should I grant to advisors?
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep29: Recapitalization, Founder’s Syndrome & The Unruly Board Member
- Securities Straight Talk Vol. 1: Securities Laws Matter to Startups (Yes, Yours Too)
- Don’t have enough authorized shares? There’s a fix for that.
- The 50-50 Equity Split(up)
- The Company Agreement Explained: What are Classes of Members?
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!