VDR Ch. 6, Part 2: Other Terms of the Term Sheet
August 28, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, Kevin and Aaron review part 2 of Chapter 6: “Other Terms of the Term Sheet” and discuss restriction on sales, assigning confidential information to the company, tag along rights, no-shop agreements, and indemnification clauses.
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Which Insurance Does my Startup Need?
- The Company Agreement Explained: Confidential Information and Non-Competes
- Who’s your GoDaddy? (Company Domain Name Ownership)
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep32: Assigning IP, Vesting Schedules & Spending Investor Money
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep31: Types of Investors, Seed Funding & Collaborative VCs
You can find definitions and examples of terms found in the book and this podcast in our Venture Glossary.
- As-Converted Basis
- Break-Up Fee
- Common Stock
- Convertible Note
- D&O Insurance
- Invention Assignment
- Preemptive Rights
- Preferred Stock
- Registration Rights
- Right of First Offer
- Right of First Refusal
- Secondary Sale
- Strategic Investor
- Tag Along Rights
You’ll want to bookmark Venture Glossary as a quick reference for navigating the venture world. We love talking about startups, so follow us on Twitter. And feel free to email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!