VDR Ch. 13: Issues at Different Financing Stages
October 16, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, Kevin and Aaron review Chapter 13: “Issues at Different Financing Stages” and discuss runaway valuations, party rounds, and board control.
- Silicon Valley Review S2, Ep1: Runaway Valuations
- Venture Deals Review Ch. 5: Control Terms of the Term Sheet
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep3: Types Of Investors, Seed Funding & Collaborative VCs
- Silicon Valley Review S3, Ep1: Are You The Right CEO?
- The Company Agreement Explained: What Are Fundamental Business Transactions And Why Are They Important?
- Startup Lifecycle Infographic
You can find definitions and examples of terms found in the book and this podcast in our Venture Glossary.
- Board Observer
- Lead Investor
- Liquidation Preference
- Micro VC
- Nano VC
- Participating Preferred Stock
- Party Round
- Post-Money Valuation
- Pre-Money Valuation
- Right of First Offer (ROFO)
- Runaway Valuation
- Side Letter
You’ll want to bookmark Venture Glossary as a quick reference for navigating the venture world. We love talking about startups, so follow us on Twitter. And feel free to email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!