VDR Ch. 11: Negotiation Tactics
October 2, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by venture attorneys at Vela Wood covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Venture Deals Review is a series of Office Hours episodes discussing the book Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson.
In this episode, we review Chapter 11: “Negotiation Tactics” and discuss the role of your lawyer in a term sheet negotiation, when and how to walk away from a deal, and the best ways to prepare for a negotiation.
- Keep Your Investors Updated
- Keep Your Early Rounds Small, Your Valuations Reasonable, And Close Quickly
- Negotiating Like A Pawn Star
- VDR Ch.10: How Venture Capital Funds Work
- VDR Ch. 6, Part 1: Other Terms of the Term Sheet
- VDR Ch. 3: Overview of the Term Sheet
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!