Three Things with Rustam Rafikov
June 6, 2019 | By Vela Wood
Three Things is a Vela Wood podcast where we ask leaders in the startup and small business communities three questions related to their experience with entrepreneurship.
In this episode, Kevin and Rad interview Rustam Rafikov, a founding partner of Rafikov, Koveshnikova and Partners, a corporate law firm for startups and medium-sized businesses based in Moscow, Russia. They discuss the lack of contractual freedom in Russia, Russia’s popular startup industries, and what Rustam has learned from the Austin and Dallas startup ecosystems. You can connect with Rustam on LinkedIn here.
- 3:10 – Rustam’s Legal Background
- 6:15 – Rad’s Trip to Russia
- 7:45 – Startup Legal Environment in Russia
- 14:25 – Popular Startup Industries in Russia
- 15:10 – Russian Startup Ecosystem
- 17:50 – Rad’s Experience in Russia
- 20:20 – Rustam’s Takeaways
- 21:20 – Startups Around the World
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!