Silicon Valley Review S5, Ep7: VCs vs. ICOs & Enforcing Contracts
May 8, 2018 | By Vela Wood
Silicon Valley Review is a podcast hosted by Kevin and Aaron. Through the years, our firm has represented hundreds of startups and small businesses around the world, and we’re excited to pass along our experience. In this podcast, we review each episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley series and discuss how it applies to your startup and the real venture world as a whole.
In this episode, we review S5, Ep7: Initial Coin Offering and discuss ICOs, valuation milestones, harvesting user data, giving up board control, and enforcing contracts.
- Does your company’s ICO need to be registered with the SEC as a securities offering?
- Silicon Valley Review S2, Ep1: Runaway Valuations
- Silicon Valley Review S5, Ep3: Levels of Decision-Making & Employee Retention (stockholders)
- Why You Should Be Anti Anti-Dilution
- VDR Ch. 5: Control Terms of the Term Sheet (protective provisions)
- Employment Contract Considerations For Small Businesses And Startups
You can find definitions and explanations of terms used in this podcast on our site, VentureGlossary.com.
- Board of Directors
- Profits Interest Plan
- Protective Provisions
- Series B
- Subscription Agreement
- Voting Rights
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!