Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep10: Employee Handbooks & Terminating Employees
June 26, 2017 | By Vela Wood
Silicon Valley Review is a podcast hosted by Kevin and Aaron. Through the years, our firm has represented hundreds of startups and small businesses around the world, and we’re excited to pass along our experience. In this podcast, we review each episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley series and discuss how it applies to your startup and the real venture world as a whole.
In this episode, Kevin and Aaron review Season 4, Episode 10: Server Error and discuss legal and practical reasons for maintaining an employee handbook, distinguishing between policy and discrimination when terminating an employee, best practices for transitioning employees out, and more.
- Handbook for Texas Employers: At-Will Employment
- FLSA minimum wage exemptions for founders
- Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld
- VW Office Hours: Terminating Employees
- Can I Fire an Employee for That?
- Succession Planning: A Critical Part of Management and a Business’s Ongoing Success
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- Hiring a Developer? Get it in Writing First.
- The Company Agreement Explained: Confidential Information and Non-Compete
- Does Your Idea Really Need an NDA?
You’ll want to bookmark Venture Glossary as a quick reference for navigating the venture world. We love talking about startups, so follow us on Twitter. And feel free to email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!