Preparing for Funding Ep6: Accelerators/Incubators
March 20, 2018 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Preparing For Funding is a series of Office Hours episodes about getting your company’s legal house in order before taking on funding.
In this episode, we discuss why we’re not big fans of accelerators, the types of accelerators we do think provide value and are worth participating in, and the clauses to watch out for in an accelerator’s program participation agreement.
- Silicon Valley Review S4, Ep6: Beta Testing Best Practices & Incubators v. Accelerators
- VDR Ch. 4, Part 2: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet (more on anti-dilution)
- VDR Ch. 6, Part 1: Other Terms of the Term Sheet (more on ROFO)
- Silicon Valley Review S2, Ep2-4: The Importance of a Good Board
- VDR Ch. 5: Control Terms of the Term Sheet (more on board control)
You can find definitions and explanations of terms used in this podcast on our site, VentureGlossary.com.
- Alpha Testing
- Beta Testing
- Board of Directors
- Convertible Note
- Preemptive Rights
- Price Cap
- Right of First Offer (ROFO)
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Sweat Equity
- Term Sheet
Email us at email@example.com with any comments or suggestions!