Preparing for Funding Ep4: Pitch Decks
March 8, 2018 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Preparing For Funding is a series of Office Hours episodes about getting your company’s legal house in order before taking on funding.
In this episode, we discuss what makes a great pitch deck, the best uses of an appendix, how to get warm introductions to investors, and restrictions on general solicitations.
- Pitch Decks Are The New Business Plan
- Who’s Drafting Your Pitch Deck? (deck outlines and examples)
- How much equity should I grant to advisors?
- Learning From “No”
- How Lifting the Solicitation Ban Benefits Startups
- Securities Straight Talk Vol. 1: Securities Laws Matter To Startups (Yes, Yours Too)
- VDR Ch. 9: Crowdfunding
You can find definitions and explanations of terms used in this podcast on our site, VentureGlossary.com.
- Accredited Investor
- Cold Introduction
- General Solicitation
- Pro Forma
- Seed Round
- Warm Introduction
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!