Preparing for Funding Ep2: Founders Agreements
February 26, 2018 | By Vela Wood
Office Hours is a podcast hosted by Vela Wood venture attorneys Kevin Vela and Aaron Terwey covering general issues related to small businesses and startups. Preparing For Funding is a series of Office Hours episodes about getting your company’s legal house in order before taking on funding.
In this episode, we discuss the difference between vesting and reverse vesting, confidentiality agreements and assignment of intellectual property, restricted stock and 83(b) elections, ROFR, and Class F founders stock.
- Everyone Should Vest
- How Founder “Vesting” Really Works
- VDR Ch.16: Legal Things Every Entrepreneur Should Know (more on 83(b) elections)
- VDR Ch. 4, Part 2: Economic Terms of the Term Sheet (more on RSPAs)
- Who’s Your GoDaddy? (Company Domain Name Ownership)
- Hiring A Developer? Get It In Writing And Signed First.
- Independent Contractor Agreements Don’t Mean Anything
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or suggestions!