Rebecca graduated magna cum laude from Texas A&M, and graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law. In law school, she was an articles editor for the prestigious SMU Law Review Association and a teaching assistant for the Legal Research, Writing and Advocacy Program. Also, while in law school, she was able to serve the underprivileged Dallas community in the Federal Tax Clinic.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Rebecca worked at both a large Texas-based law firm and a boutique Dallas law firm, which focused on representing investment managers.
Rebecca was born and raised in Dallas, where she continues to reside with her husband and two young children. She is active in her East Dallas community and her church. She enjoys traveling, cooking, and being outside whenever possible.
- Routinely represents both established and emerging private fund managers in fund
formation, registration, compliance and corporate matters
- Represented SEC-registered real estate investment adviser with $5 billion under
management in the formulation and execution of its compliance program
- Represented midmarket lenders in transactions aggregating $700 million, involving real
property, construction, and aircrafts
- Owned and operated a small monogramming business during her tenure as an associate at
a large law firm
- An iced latte is her drink of choice even in freezing temperatures
- She has never broken a bone
- Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, cum laude
- Texas A&M University, Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude