Radney received his B.A. in political science from Union College in Schenectady, New York in 2002, where he was a four-year starter on the varsity football team. He graduated from The University of Texas School of Law in the spring of 2008, where he was Order of the Coif and a Rappaport Human Rights Scholar.
Before joining Vela Wood in 2015, Radney worked in the commercial litigation department of Baker Botts for four years where he represented clients at trial and on appeal in both federal and state court on issues ranging from copyright infringement, breach of contract, and professional malpractice to trade secret misappropriation and property disputes.
Radney is more than an Austin business lawyer; he is an active member of the Austin community, who has served on the board of directors of the immigration non-profit American Gateways, helped his Rugby Club, The Austin Huns, obtain 501(c)(3) status, and routinely given of his time and money to Team Austin, a non-profit providing programming scholarships to at-risk youth. He also takes pro bono cases through VLS and participates in Austin Young Lawyer volunteer events. In addition to his law practice, Radney is the co-founder of the work-travel business, GlobeKick, which curates international travel programs in personal wellness and professional development for remote professionals.
While being a native New Yorker, Radney has adopted many of the most important qualities of a Texan: he says “y’all” (occasionally) and proselytizes brisket as the ultimate barbecue food (often).
- Represented an Austin-based bar in a $1.6M capital raise
- Represented a Dallas-based party with a multi-million dollar shareholder buyout
- Assisted with the representation of an Austin-based hospitality company in a $1.8M capital raise
- Assisted with the representation of a Dallas-based media company in a $15M acquisition
- Represented a Dallas-based technology startup in a $1M Series Seed financing round