Radney received his B.A. in political science from Union College in Schenectady, New York, where he was a four-year starter on the varsity football team. He graduated from The University of Texas School of Law, where he was Order of the Coif and a Rappaport Human Rights Scholar.
Before joining Vela Wood in 2015, Radney worked in the commercial litigation department of Baker Botts for four years where he represented clients at trial and on appeal in both federal and state court on issues ranging from copyright infringement, breach of contract, and professional malpractice to trade secret misappropriation and property disputes.
Radney is more than an Austin business lawyer; he is an active member of the Austin community, who has served on the board of directors of the immigration non-profit American Gateways, helped his Rugby Club, The Austin Huns, obtain 501(c)(3) status, and routinely given of his time and money to Team Austin, a non-profit providing programming scholarships to at-risk youth. He also takes pro bono cases through VLS and participates in Austin Young Lawyer volunteer events. In addition to his law practice, Radney is the co-founder of the travel-club, GlobeKick, which curates international travel experiences.
While being a native New Yorker, Radney has adopted many of the most important qualities of a Texan: he says “y’all” (occasionally) and proselytizes brisket as the ultimate barbecue food (often).
- General Counsel for Austin-based Solar Company
- General Counsel for Austin-based SaaS startup
- Represented Austin-based bar in a $1.6M capital raise
- Represented Austin hospitality group in a $2M capital raise in order to enter Dallas market
- Represented Austin-based bar in a $5M capital raise for the opening of its second location
- Represented Dallas-based technology startup in a $1M Series Seed financing round
- Represented Dallas-based VR startup in a $1M Series Seed financing with foreign strategic investor
- Represented Austin-based company in the purchase of a $1M medical services business
- Represented Austin-based athletic training company in its sale of retail operations
- Represented New York-based investment group in $1.8M Series A investment into a SaaS startup
- Represented “Eatertainment” technology startup in $2M convertible note financing round
- Represented Dallas-based investment group in $2M investment into California-based wine company
- Represented Austin-based dental services company in $2M acquisition
- Represented Austin-based SaaS company in $2M stock sale
- Represented a Dallas-based party with a multi-million-dollar shareholder buyout
- Assisted with the representation of a Dallas-based media company in a $15M acquisition
- Successfully defended e-commerce startup in $500,000 trade secrets dispute
- Successfully defended foreign manufacturer in a $1M breach of contract dispute
- Successfully defended Dallas-based manufacturer in $1M trademark dispute