Mina has experience in highly demanding legal environments, first as a litigation associate with a highly reputable litigation boutique, then with a 400-attorney law firm, and finally for the Atlanta and Dallas offices of an international law firm with more than 2500 attorneys in 43 offices worldwide.
After nearly six years of private practice, Mina transitioned to serve as in-house counsel. Mina’s first in-house role was serving as Legal Counsel in the Office of the General Counsel for Hewlett Packard Co. then Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE). Her work there was heavily focused on providing expertise in negotiating complex global technology transactions in support of Sales for the US & Canada, specifically, for the Health & Life Sciences and Financial Services industry of the company’s Enterprise Services arm.
Mina then went on to serve as Vice President and Associate General Counsel at private equity backed AccentCare, Inc., an Advent International portfolio company, where she handled all stages of corporate M&A transactions, including 23 + acquisitions and joint ventures–from due diligence to closing to post-acquisition transition and total integration. She was also in charge of advising operational teams and diagnosing potential for risk to make cost-benefit determinations.
Mina is active in the legal as well as other professional communities. She frequently volunteers her time, sharing advice and supporting minority business founders and entrepreneurs as well as speaking at networking events, academic seminars and conferences. She has served as co-chair for several galas and fundraisers. For 4 years, she served as an officer of the Science & Technology Section of the Dallas Bar Association and was named “Outstanding Section Chair” during her tenure. Recently, she has worked to combat the constitutional issue of eminent domain abuse. Mina is presently a volunteer mentor to students enrolled in Year Up, an intensive one-year career training program for young adults.
Prior to launching her legal career, she worked at the state capitol for the TX State Representative for House District 93 (Tarrant County). In law school, she invested time clerking for judges in the Court of Appeals, the United States Department of Justice, Executive Office for Immigration Review, and the Attorney General for the State of Texas.
Mina enjoys building her meditation and yoga practice as well as partaking in pretty much any outdoor activity (e.g. hiking, cycling, swimming). She is an avid traveler to places near and far, curious explorer, and appreciator of fine arts in all forms.
- Once chosen among a national pool of candidates to work as one of two interns at headquarters for ESPN as a writer for the Department of Public Affairs.
- Has set a goal of visiting all places with a national park designation in North America. To make the quest somewhat reasonable she is starting off with 55 as her target number, though she imagines surpassing it within this lifetime. She is currently 17 for 110 (62 in the US and 48 in Canada).
- Her fur baby is a cat who frequently seems to act more like a stereotypical dog.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, JD, Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Barristers
- Lead Articles Editor & Submissions Review of the SMU Law Review
- University of Texas at Austin, BS, Communication Studies, Highest Honors, Dean’s List