I said you need to strive to be better than everyone else. I didn’t say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That’s what character is: It’s in the try. – Coach Taylor
Lindsey graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2016. In law school, she served on the Executive Board of the SMU Law Review Association as the Managing Editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce. Also while in school, she had the privilege of gaining invaluable work experience in a variety of legal areas, including: interning for the Dallas County Criminal Court of Appeals; externing for a federal district judge in the Northern District of Texas; working as a legal assistant in a business litigation firm; clerking for the General Counsel of a Fortune 500 company; and, most importantly, joining Vela Wood as a law clerk for her last few semesters of school.
Prior to law school, Lindsey obtained her BBA in Finance from Texas A&M University. She then spent nearly six years working for a Congressman in Washington, D.C. Assisting her boss with his work as a member on the prestigious Ways and Means Committee gave Lindsey insight into the legal challenges many small businesses face and instilled in her a desire to assist those small business owners on a more intimate level.
Lindsey was born and raised in Amarillo, but has settled happily in Dallas with her husband, Luke, and two precious young daughters. She enjoys traveling, the theater, and pretty much any outdoor activity on a beautiful day.
- Assisted in the representation of defi SOLUTIONS in a $55M equity investment
- Assisted in the representation of a Dallas-based senior home care company in a $13M exit
- Assisted in the representation of a Dallas-based SAAS company in a $1.6M Series A financing round
- Assisted in the representation of a San Diego-based SAAS company in a $2M seed financing round
- Assisted in the representation of a venture fund in its role as the lead investor in multiple startups’ Series A investment rounds