Lindsey graduated cum laude from SMU Dedman School of Law. In law school, she served on the Executive Board of the SMU Law Review Association as the Managing Editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce. Also while in school, she had the privilege of gaining invaluable work experience in a variety of legal areas, including: interning for the Dallas County Criminal Court of Appeals; externing for a federal district judge in the Northern District of Texas; working as a legal assistant in a business litigation firm; clerking for the General Counsel of a Fortune 500 company; and, most importantly, joining Vela Wood as a law clerk for her last few semesters of school.
Prior to law school, Lindsey obtained her BBA in Finance from Texas A&M University. She then spent nearly six years working for a Congressman in Washington, D.C. Assisting her boss with his work as a member on the prestigious Ways and Means Committee gave Lindsey insight into the legal challenges many small businesses face and instilled in her a desire to assist small business owners on a more intimate level.
Lindsey was born and raised in Amarillo, but has settled happily in Dallas with her husband, Luke, and three precious young children. She is active in the Lake Highlands community and her church, and she enjoys traveling, the theater, and pretty much any outdoor activity on a beautiful day.
- Represented a Boston-based technology startup in a $3M Series B financing round
- Represented a Dallas-based fund in a $1.5M Series A investment
- Represented a fin-tech startup in a $3M Series A financing round
- Represented a delivery startup in a $3.5M expansion of its Series A financing round
- Represented a supply chain startup in a $3M Series Seed investment from an Austin-based venture fund
- Assisted in the representation of defi SOLUTIONS in a $55M equity investment from Bain Capital Ventures
- Assisted in the representation of a Dallas-based senior home care company in a $13M exit
- Assisted in the representation of a Dallas-based SAAS company in a $1.6M Series A financing round
- Assisted in the representation of a San Diego-based SAAS company in a $2M seed financing round
- Represented a Dallas-based venture fund in its role as the lead investor in multiple startups’ Series A investment rounds
- Represented dozens of startups in convertible note and Safe financing rounds (with offering amounts ranging from $200,000 to $3,000,000)
Auditioned for the lead role in the 1998 remake of “The Parent Trap”. To this day, she maintains that they accidentally cast the wrong “Lindsay”.
Has a mini Australian Shepherd named Mavery and two cats, Cali and Reese.
Enjoys running and has participated in several triathlons and half-marathons.
- SMU Dedman School of Law, JD, Executive Board of SMU Law Review & Managing Editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce, International Aviation Womens Association Scholarship Recipient
- Texas A&M University, BBA, Finance