Kevin is a graduate of the University of Texas, where he earned his bachelor degree in business administration and juris doctorate degree with honors. He was admitted to the Texas Bar in 2008.
Prior to law school, Kevin spent seven years in Dallas, working in finance and marketing. Although he began his career working for Fortune 500 companies, an entrepreneurial spirit led Kevin to pursue roles in several startup companies. Later, he started his own business, a test preparation company. Having scored in the top five percent on the GMAT, LSAT, and GRE, Kevin used his test taking expertise to help thousands of students increase their scores and gain admission to graduate school.
Kevin is active in the business and startup communities. He is the Chair of the Texas State Bar Committee for Law Focused Education. He is also a board member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association and Digital Dallas, and is the Chairman of the Board of the Greenville Avenue Area Business Association (which puts on the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dallas).
He is a mentor for both REVTECH, a leading venture accelerator and seed fund, and the Dallas Entrepreneur Center, which provides support and education to entrepreneurs and early-stage startups.
Kevin is a founding member of The Dallas Angel Network (the “DAN”), a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting entrepreneurs with angel investors in Dallas. Further, Kevin co-manages a Dallas-based venture capital fund, Blossom Street Ventures, which is currently on its fifth fund.
Raised in Arlington, Kevin is an avid Dallas sports fan. Although he used to enjoy spending time at the local sporting arenas around town with his wife, Layla, they now spend most of their time pandering to their two children, Ariana and Arman.
- General Counsel for a Dallas-based $10M venture fund
- General Counsel for a Dallas-based $30M venture fund
- General Counsel for REVTECH, a Dallas-based accelerator
- Represented defi SOLUTIONS in a $55M equity investment
- Represented a Dallas-based media company in a $15M acquisition
- Represented a Dallas-based health analytics company in a $6M exit
- Represented a Nashville-based consumer products company in a $3M exit to a publicly traded company
- Represented a Dallas-based senior home care company in a $13M exit
- Represented an Australia-based public company in a $1.8M private investment
- Represented a Dallas-based software company in a $12M exit
- Represented a Dallas-based SaaS company in over $6M in venture financing