Kevin is a graduate of the University of Texas, where he earned his bachelor degree in business administration and juris doctorate degree with honors. Prior to law school, Kevin spent seven years in Dallas, working in finance and marketing. Although he began his career working for Fortune 500 companies, an entrepreneurial spirit led Kevin to pursue roles in several startup companies. Later, he started his own business, a test preparation company. Having scored in the top five percent on the GMAT, LSAT, and GRE, Kevin used his test taking expertise to help thousands of students increase their scores and gain admission to graduate school.
Kevin is active in the business and startup communities. He is the Chair of the Texas State Bar Committee for Law Focused Education. He currently teaches Introduction to Venture Transactions at SMU Dedman School of Law and is a part of the Dallas Business Journal Leadership Trust, a network of influential business leaders in Dallas. Kevin is active in promoting a responsible gaming agenda in Texas and is a board member of the Fantasy Sports Gaming Association. He is also a member of Digital Dallas and is the Chairman of the Board of the Greenville Avenue Area Business Association (which puts on the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dallas).
He is a mentor for REVTECH, a leading venture fund and accelerator. Kevin is a founding member of The Dallas Angel Network (the “DAN”), a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting entrepreneurs with angel investors in Dallas. Further, Kevin co-manages a Dallas-based venture capital fund, Blossom Street Ventures, which is currently on its sixth fund.
Raised in Arlington, Kevin is an avid Dallas sports fan. Although he used to enjoy spending time at the local sporting arenas around town with his wife, Layla, they now spend most of their time pandering to their two children, Ariana and Arman.
- General Counsel to numerous venture funds and accelerators
- Conducted hundreds of Seed stage through C rounds valued at $250k – $15M
- Represented defi SOLUTIONS in its $55M equity investment from Bain Capital Ventures and subsequent merger with Sagent Auto
- Represented Modern Message in its exit to RealPage
- Represented a Dallas-based senior home care company in a $13M exit
- Represented a Dallas-based software company in a $12M exit
- Represents dozens of DFS and Fantasy Sports Companies
- If you need a favor from Kevin, ask him on a day when one of his favorite teams, the Detroit Tigers, Mavericks or Cowboys, win.
- Can name every World Series Winner since 1970.
- Kevin’s entrepreneurial spirit began early on when he owned a beer vending machine after college.
- Was named “best cooker in the world” by Ariana Vela, then age 5.
- University of Texas Law School, JD, Honors
- University of Texas at Austin, BA, Business Administration