Juan is an associate at Vela Wood, where he practices in the areas of fund formation, M&A, real estate transactions, contract negotiation, and dispute resolution. Juan has represented domestic and international clients and has counseled them through a wide range of business transactions, ranging from operational issues and structuring their companies in a general counsel capacity, to cross-border distributorship negotiations and settling partnership disputes. He has represented startups and established businesses in multiple industries, including real estate, agriculture, energy, manufacturing, food, hospitality, logistics, tech, health care, retail, and art. Juan speaks, reads, and writes fluent Spanish and French and is able to provide bilingual representation upon request.
Email Juan Ramos
Work is the meat of life, pleasure the dessert. – B. C. Forbes
Juan received four B.A.s in Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, and International Studies from Southern Methodist University in 2011. He graduated from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2015, where he completed three Certificates: Business Law with Financial Services and Commercial Law Concentration, Energy and Natural Resources Law, and Real Estate Law Practice.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Juan founded two tech startups, one food startup, and helped manage his family’s ranching operations. He continues to be involved in the family ranching and beef businesses and serves as the President of the American Bonsmara Association.
Juan is passionate about helping companies reach their goals with sound corporate and legal counsel. His entrepreneurial urge for cross-cultural awareness has led Juan to live in France and England after leaving his hometown of Chihuahua, Mexico, and he is now glad to call Dallas home. Juan still enjoys traveling to satisfy his constant curiosity while seeking inspiration for his ever-growing cookbook and bonding with friends and family as often as possible.
- General Counsel for a Dallas-based $2M venture capital fund
- Represented a Dallas-based coworking company in corporate structuring and development
- Represented a Dallas-based clothing company in a share-holder buyout
- Represented a Fort Worth-based company in a franchise asset acquisition and lease negotiation
- Represented a Houston-based private investment and advisory firm in a corporate structuring
- Represented an Austin-based charcoal company in a share-holder buyout
- Represented a Marfa-based bootmaker company in a corporate re-organization
- Represented a Mexico City-based candle manufacturer in a corporate expansion to the U.S.
- Represented a Hong Kong-based distributor in an exclusive distributorship negotiation
- Represented a Dubai-based development company in a sizeable asset registration