Juan is an associate at Vela Wood, where he practices in the areas of commercial litigation and general corporate law. He specializes in partnership disputes, corporate governance, contract drafting, and negotiation. Juan has represented domestic and international clients and has guided them through a myriad of business transactions, ranging from general operational issues, to structuring their companies in a general counsel capacity, to cross-border dispute resolution. He has represented startups and established businesses in multiple fields, including agriculture, manufacturing, real estate, oil and gas, logistics, tech, design, health care, retail, and art. Juan speaks, reads, and writes fluent Spanish and French and is able to provide bilingual representation upon request.
Email Juan Ramos
Work is the meat of life, pleasure the dessert. – B. C. Forbes
Juan received four B.A.s in Economics, Political Science, Public Policy, and International Studies from Southern Methodist University in 2011. He graduated from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2015, where he completed three Certificates: Business Law with Financial Services and Commercial Law Concentration, Energy and Natural Resources Law, and Real Estate Law Practice.
Prior to joining Vela Wood, Juan founded two tech startups, one food startup, and helped manage his family’s ranching operations. He continues to be involved in the family ranching and beef businesses and serves as the President of the American Bonsmara Association.
Juan is passionate about helping companies reach their goals with sound corporate and legal counsel. His pursuits of knowledge and cross-cultural awareness have led Juan to travel the world, living in France and England after leaving his hometown of Chihuahua, Mexico. Juan has an entrepreneurial urge for adventure, and his love for food cannot be understated. He lives to eat, not the other way around. Juan enjoys traveling to satisfy his constant curiosity while seeking inspiration for his ever-growing cookbook and bonding with friends and family as often as possible.
- Represented a Mexico City-based candle manufacturer in a corporate expansion to the United Sates
- Represented a Dallas-based work/live space company in corporate structuring and development
- Represented a Dallas-based clothing company in a share-holder buyout
- Represented a Houston-based private investment and advisory firm in a corporate structuring
- Represented an Austin-based charcoal company in a share-holder buyout
- Represented a Marfa-based bootmaker company in a corporate re-organization
- Represented a Dubai-based development company in a sizeable asset registration