Joshua is a graduate of the University of Florida, where he earned a Bachelors (Cum Laude) in Sport Management with double minors in Business and Mass Communications. While at the University of Florida, he worked for a sports consulting firm, CarrSports Consulting, LLC where he assisted in the hiring and search processes for head coaches and athletic directors throughout intercollegiate athletics.
After graduating from the University of Florida, Joshua returned home to Miami, Florida and attended the University of Miami School of Law where he received his joint J.D/LL.M in Sports and Entertainment Law. While in law school Joshua was a member of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review, serving as an Articles and Comments Editor. He also was a member of the University of Miami Moot Court board, where he competed in the Tulane Sports Law Moot Court Competition, reaching the finals and semifinals in back to back years. In addition to these roles, he also was a TA for the Negotiating and Drafting Sports Venue Agreements Course.
Throughout law school, Joshua worked in various transactional roles. He was a law clerk at MasTec Inc., an American multinational Fortune 500 infrastructure engineering and construction company based in Coral Gables, Florida. He then interned with the legal departments of the NFL franchise, the Minnesota Vikings, and the MLS franchise, Inter Miami CF.
After law school, Joshua worked as an attorney at Podhurst Orseck, P.A., a boutique civil litigation practice in Miami, Florida. He specialized in tort litigation with a primary focus on aviation crashes and wrongful deaths.
Joshua was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He is an avid Miami sports fan and watcher and enjoys watching movies, playing golf, traveling, and spending time with his family.
- Is a Jewish Cuban, otherwise known as a “Jewban”
- During his Senior year high school baseball season, Joshua led Miami-Dade County in Hit By Pitches. His proudest athletic achievement.
- Lifelong Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat, Miami Marlins, and Miami Hurricanes fan. He has not given up on sports…yet.
- Is the co-host of the world’s number one Peaky Blinders Podcast
- Can do impersonations of just about anyone. Just don’t ask him to impersonate you.
- The University of Miami School of Law, J.D/LL.M in Sports and Entertainment Law
- The University of Florida, Bachelors (Cum Laude) in Sport Management