Hugo, a native of El Paso, graduated from the Texas Tech University School of Law. He was a member of the Journal of BioSecurity, BioSafety, and Biodefense law and on the Pro Bono Honor roll. Prior to law school, he graduated Magna cum laude from Texas Tech University with a B.A. in History and Political Science. Hugo interned with various regional in-house counsels that were Public or Corporate entities where he worked on various transactional matters.
Immediately prior to joining Vela Wood, Hugo was an intern with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at El Paso.
Based out of El Paso, Hugo enjoys traveling throughout the southwest with friends.
- When not in the office, he tries to experiment with various cooking recipes that at times do not turn out well.
- When passing a lake, he does not pass up an opportunity to pull out a fishing rod and go fishing.
- He can give random weird historical facts that no one asked.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, JD
- Texas Tech University, BA, History & Political Science, Magna Cum Laude