Christopher M. Jaquez
Christopher is Senior Counsel at Vela Wood. Clients seek Christopher’s strategic advice because of his broad corporate, finance, and transactional experience having represented private equity firms, corporations, funds, lenders, borrowers, hotel operators and joint ventures in M&A, corporate governance, intellectual property, and complex transactions in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Christopher was named a 2017 and 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Email Christopher M. Jaquez
Christopher is licensed in Texas, New York, and England. Prior to joining Vela Wood, Christopher practiced law with Kirkland & Ellis in New York and with Vinson & Elkins in London, and has managed transactions that range in size from tens of millions to several billion dollars. Christopher attended Columbia Law School and the Oxford Institute of Legal Studies, QLTT. Prior to law school, Christopher received a BA in Economics from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The following are transactions prior to Christopher’s time at Vela Wood:
- Represented a private equity client in a $90M LBO of a dental consortium
- Represented a private equity client in the acquisition of distressed debt and exit facility for $35M
- Represented an international private equity client in the acquisition of €2.6 billion of CMBS assets and non/performing loans secured by commercial real estate (mostly hotels) in several European countries
- Counseled a public company through an international restructuring, including a $700M acquisition financing of Australian and South African subsidiaries and a $300M ABL cross-border multicurrency facility
- Represented a private equity client in negotiating a $650M senior credit facility in connection with the “going private” acquisition of a company providing pre-paid legal services
- Represented a Dutch energy client selling stock and account receivables in connection with an oil and gas drilling project in Nigeria
- Represented an international private equity client in the acquisition and financing of €1.2 billion of interests in performing loans secured by portfolios of commercial real estate located in multiple EU countries
- Represented a private equity client entering into $4 billion and $2.1 billion fund-level credit facilities
- Represented a Texas company in litigation regarding trademark infringement and dilution under the Lanham Act
- Represented a minor league baseball franchise with respect to trademarks, licensing, operations, vendors, and real estate
- Represented a New York advertising agency in licensing negotiations, vendor contracts, and litigation matters