The core of Chi’s practice focuses on counseling and providing sound legal advice to business clients to build a solid foundation for future growth and success. She advises clients on transactional matters related to leases, acquisition and disposition, entity structuring and branding, trademark matters, vendor contracts, financing, private securities offerings and contract negotiation and review.
Chi represents clients in a variety of enterprises, including restaurants, bars and nightclubs, musicians, film producers, beauty salons, boutique retail stores, technology start-ups, real estate investors, and holistic wellness centers. She also has experience working with highly regulated industries such as credit unions, school districts and healthcare facilities.
As a former owner of music venues and entertainment focused establishments in Austin, Texas, Chi’s background as a business owner and exposure to Austin’s creative scene provides her with a unique perspective and practical experience in understanding and responding to the needs of her business clients. Chi earned her law degree from the University of Texas School of Law and is a Plan II Honors Program and Frank Denius Normandy Scholar Program graduate from the University of Texas at Austin.
She is a past Chair of the Asian Pacific Interest Section of the State Bar of Texas and past President of the Austin Asian American Bar Association.
- Represented Austin based fitness group in ongoing acquisitions of over 100 franchise locations valued at over $40M
- Represented custom molding and tooling manufacturer in the sale of its assets valued at over $9.5M
- Represented automobile service owner in a $7M exit
- General Counsel for Austin based real estate developer in acquisitions of over $15M
- General Counsel for Austin based restaurant group with over 10 locations in multiple states
- General Counsel for Austin based bar and restaurant group, including capital raises of over $2M for expansions outside of Austin
- Loves karaoke – may or may not carry around a song list with the corresponding Korean karaoke bar song numbers
- Foodie since age 6, has developed her husband into a top notch home chef
- Notorious plant killer – succulents and bamboos have no chance
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D.
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. Plan II and Art History