Blake is Of Counsel at Vela Wood. She advises clients across industries with a particular focus in contract drafting, review, and negotiation on behalf of sports and entertainment individuals and enterprises.
Email Blake Hart
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.
– Mark Twain
Blake graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2017, where she focused on transaction and sports-based areas of law and served as Executive Editor for the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law. In law school, Blake supported an NBA team’s Head of Basketball Operations while interning for the Denver Nuggets and gained invaluable corporate law experience as a Vela Wood law clerk.
Blake is developing an extensive legal knowledge of the shifting federal and state-by-state legality of fantasy sports and sports wagering in America. She is a member of the Entertainment and Sports Law Section of the Texas Bar, the Sports Lawyers Association, the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, and she is studying to take the Major League Baseball Players Association Certified Agent examination this summer.
Prior to law school, Blake graduated cum laude from The University of Washington with a B.A. in Law, Economics, and Public Policy.
Blake now serves as Outside General Counsel for four-division boxing world champion Mikey Garcia’s sports management enterprise. She also serves in an Of Counsel role at Vela Wood and is an Analyst for the Dallas Angel Network.
- General Counsel for a Las-Vegas based professional sports management company
- Regularly performs diligence and investment review for individual and institutional client deals in the $100K-$10M range
- Representing a California-based professional athlete in the pursuit of industry agnostic business and investment opportunities
- Represented Las Vegas-based CBD company startup from formation to launch
- Assisted with the representation of a fantasy sports gaming application company securing payment processing services