Alyson graduated from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law (USC). While in law school, she served as a topic editor for the Hale Moot Court Honors Program. Prior to law school, Alyson graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Plan II Honors and Government.
After graduating from USC, Alyson returned to Austin to begin her corporate legal practice at DLA Piper from 2015 – 2018. Prior to joining Vela Wood, Alyson moved to Dallas and was an associate at Akin Gump from 2018 – 2021.
Alyson is a mentor for 1L students at the University of Texas School of Law.
Alyson grew up in Vienna, West Virginia. She is an avid Peloton member and enjoys reading, interior design, and painting (her quarantine hobby).
- Advised a NYSE American-listed international oil and gas company in a going private transaction
- Advised a NYSE-listed media company in the sale of its minority stake in a multimedia entertainment company valued at approximately $380 million (before transaction-related adjustments)
- Advised a provider of commercial consumer solutions for UV air and surface sanitization and LED circadian lighting in its Series A, Series B, and Series C financings and related follow-on investments with aggregate proceeds in excess of $30 million
- Advised a Dallas-based private equity fund in its strategic investment in a property restoration company and plumbing franchise business
- Advised a Texas-based company with respect to its internal reorganization in anticipation of a potential initial public offering
- Advised a St. Louis-based law firm in a strategic merger with a Dallas-based law firm
- Advised an Austin-based public company in a $24 million cross-border reverse triangular merger
- Advised an Austin-based public company in a $14 million cross-border reverse triangular merger involving an F-reorganization and continuation in Canada
- Fulfilled a lifelong dream by attending a live Jeopardy taping where she met Alex Trebek
- Survived a true arctic plunge in the partially-frozen Jacques-Cartier River in Quebec, Canada
- Enjoys making everyday an adventure with the help of her two Golden Retrievers, Louis and Clark
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, JD
- University of Texas at Austin, BA, Plan II Honors and Government