Alexus graduated from SMU Dedman School of Law after attending the University of Texas at Austin for her undergraduate degree. While in law school, she served on various student organization boards, including Vice President of Women in Law, Vice President of the Hispanic Law Student Association, and SMU Law’s Student Liaison to the Dallas Bar Association. In addition, she served as a Staff Editor and Online Executive Editor to SMU Law’s International Law Review Association (ILRA). Her Comment for ILRA has been published on the ILRA Forum.
Throughout law school, Alexus was also recognized for her community involvement and academic performance through various scholarship programs, including the Cary M. Maguire Scholarship, Donald C. McCleary-Gardere Leadership Scholarship, and Dallas Hispanic Law Foundation Grant. She remains active in the legal community through her membership in the Dallas Hispanic Bar Association and Dallas Women’s Lawyers Association.
Prior to working at Vela Wood, Alexus worked for a Fortune 100 Company assisting hundreds of mid-market companies with SaaS integration.
Alexus is an avid Longhorn football watcher, photographer, and traveler.
- Is one of 43 grandchildren and the only one in her family to have graduated from college and law school.
- Studied abroad in Brazil for six months and became fluent in Portuguese.
- Will never turn down a slice of pizza.
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., International Relations and Global Studies, Liberal Arts Honors Graduate
- SMU Dedman School of Law, Juris Doctorate, Dean’s Scholar, Cary M. Maguire Ethics Scholar, Donald C. McCleary-Gardere Leadership Scholar, DHFL Scholar