Aaron is a senior associate in the transactional section at Vela Wood. Aaron represents investors and startups in a wide range of matters, with an emphasis on venture financing transactions (both equity and convertible debt), mergers and acquisitions, and acting as outside general counsel.
Prior to joining VW, Aaron was a corporate associate at Locke Lord and a member of the inaugural class of the Dallas Entrepreneur Center Ambassador Program.
If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.
– Reid Hoffman
Aaron received his JD in 2012 from Notre Dame Law School and his BA in Political Science from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, in 2006.
Aaron is the president of the Colgate Club of DFW and serves on the Board of Trustees of Austin Montessori School. He is also a member of Colgate University’s Alumni Admissions Program, the Dallas Bar Association, and the Dallas Young Lawyers Association.
A native Austinite, Aaron has enjoyed calling Dallas home for 6 years (much to the chagrin of his family in Austin).
- Represented a venture fund in its role as the lead investor in multiple Series A rounds
- Represented an investor in structuring and placing multiple investments into privately held companies
- Represented an on-demand pediatric care mobile app in three investment rounds
- Represented an online donation platform in raising two investment rounds
- Represented a waste services company in its acquisition by a publicly traded company