Meaghan graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013. While in law school, she served as a staff editor for the American Journal of Criminal Law, and as the president of the Texas Federalist Society, the largest law school chapter of the national organization. Before joining Vela Wood in 2015, Meaghan worked as an associate at Shamoun & Norman, LLP, focusing her practice on corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate investment and development.
Prior to law school, Meaghan graduated cum laude from Bucknell University, with a BA in Political Science. After graduating from Bucknell, Meaghan worked in Washington, D.C. for a national trade association, focusing on government affairs.
Meaghan was raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and now lives with her husband, Tony, in Dallas, where she has happily adapted to the Texas climate. She is an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Junior League of Dallas, and DallasKidsFirst, an organization focused on local education reform. She enjoys spending free time with friends and family, and (im)patiently waiting for a dog to adopt.
Some of Meaghan’s recent representations include:
- Represented a Canada based purchaser in a $1M purchase of a Texas manufacturing company.
- Assisted with the representation of a Kansas City company in a $2.5M private equity investment deal.
- Assisted with the representation of a Nashville based audio company in its $3M sale to a national instrument and audio product corporation.
- Assisted with the representation of a Dallas based software company with a $250,000 seed round.
- Represented Dallas oil and gas company in licensing of patented drilling technologies.