Meaghan is an associate in the transactional section at Vela Wood PC. She advises and counsels investors, entrepreneurs, startups, and established businesses with an emphasis on entity formation, capital raises, mergers and acquisitions, general business transactions, and real estate transactions.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. – Kurt Vonnegut
Fun Facts about Meaghan Johnston
- Spent a semester studying in Rabat, Morocco.
- Is an avid lover of condiments.
- Knows all the words to Jay Z’s 99 Problems.
- Lived in Hawaii as a child.
- DVRs every new episode of Jeopardy.
Meaghan graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013. While in law school, she served as a staff editor for the American Journal of Criminal Law, and as the president of the Texas Federalist Society, the largest law school chapter of the national organization. Before joining Vela Wood in 2015, Meaghan worked as an associate at Shamoun & Norman, LLP, focusing her practice on corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate investment and development.
Prior to law school, Meaghan graduated cum laude from Bucknell University, with a BA in Political Science. After graduating from Bucknell, Meaghan worked in Washington, D.C. for a national trade association, focusing on government affairs.
Meaghan was raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and now lives with her husband, Tony, in Dallas, where she has happily adapted to the Texas climate. She is an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Junior League of Dallas, and DallasKidsFirst, an organization focused on local education reform. She enjoys spending free time with friends and family, and (im)patiently waiting for a dog to adopt.
Some of Meaghan’s recent representations include:
- Assisted with the representation of a Kansas City company in a $2.5M private equity investment deal.
- Assisted with the representation of a Nashville based audio company in its $3M sale to a national instrument and audio product corporation.
- Assisted with the representation of a Dallas based software company with a $250,000 seed round.
- Represented Dallas oil and gas company in licensing of patented drilling technologies.