Lara Bubalo Manor
Lara is an associate in the transactional section at Vela Wood PC. She advises and counsels investors, entrepreneurs, startups, and established businesses with an emphasis on real estate transactions and private placements.
What we do in life echoes in eternity. – Maximus Decimus Meridius
Lara graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013. While in law school, she served as a staff member for the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law and enjoyed public interest work in the fields of financial access, education, and children’s rights. She is currently an active member of the Dallas Bar Association and the Junior League of Dallas.
Fun Facts about Lara Bubalo Manor
- Namesake from the heroine in Boris Pasternak’s novel “Dr. Zhivago.”
- Houzz and Dallas residential real estate enthusiast
- Loves pop culture and
- Proud Skimm’bassador
Prior to law school, Lara graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University with a BBA in Finance and a BA in Spanish. After graduating from SMU, she worked for Lehman Brothers and Neuberger Berman as a Private Equity Analyst performing due diligence on investment opportunities in buyout, turnaround, and venture capital funds. The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers was an indelible part of Lara’s early career, and spurred her to attend law school.
Born and raised in Minnesota, Lara now lives in Dallas but maintains fierce state pride as well as a penchant for lakes and hockey. Outside of the office, she and her husband, Doug, have abandoned previous pastimes in order to dedicate themselves to their first startup, their toddler son. Early milestones have been met and future growth appears promising. In addition, their second startup is incubating and set to launch late winter/early spring 2017.
Some of Lara’s recent representations include:
- Assisted with the representation of a developer in the acquisition and financing of a senior independent living community in Memphis, Tennessee for a total purchase price of $5,650,000.
- Assisted with the representation of a developer in the acquisition, construction, and financing of a 118-unit townhome complex in Rogers, Arkansas for a total purchase price of approximately $18,000,000.
- Assisted with the representation of a buyer in a series of commercial real estate acquisitions in the uptown and oak lawn neighborhoods of Dallas for a total purchase price of approximately $4,600,000.