Lara Bubalo Manor
Lara is an associate in the transactional section at Vela Wood PC. She advises and counsels investors, entrepreneurs, startups, and established businesses with an emphasis on entity formation, capital raises, mergers and acquisitions, general business transactions, and real estate transactions.
What we do in life echoes in eternity. – Maximus Decimus Meridius
Fun Facts about Lara Bubalo Manor
- Won office fantasy football league prior to law school. Plans to dominate VW fantasy football league next season.
- Namesake from the heroine in Boris Pasternak’s novel “Dr. Zhivago.”
- Loves pop culture and
- Enjoys a good dance party.
Lara graduated from the University of Texas School of Law in 2013. While in law school, she served as a staff member for the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law and enjoyed public interest work in the fields of financial access, education, and children’s rights. She is currently an active member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Young Lawyers Association, and the American Bar Association.
Prior to law school, Lara graduated cum laude from Southern Methodist University with a BBA in Finance and a BA in Spanish. After graduating from SMU, she worked for Lehman Brothers and Neuberger Berman as a Private Equity Analyst performing due diligence on investment opportunities in buyout, turnaround, and venture capital funds. The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers was an indelible part of Lara’s early career, and spurred her to attend law school.
Born and raised in Minnesota, Lara now lives in Dallas but maintains fierce state pride as well as a penchant for lakes and hockey. She enjoys leisure time with her husband, Doug (when he’s not playing golf), and their lovable son, Declan.
Some of Lara’s recent representations include:
- Assisted with the representation of a Dallas based hospitality company in a $500k seed round.
- Assisted with the representation of a $1.5M asset purchase of a Dallas software company.
- Assisted with a $2.5M sale of a Kansas City commercial property.