Kevin is a graduate of the University of Texas, where he earned his bachelor degree in business administration and juris doctorate degree with honors. He was admitted to the Texas Bar in 2008. Prior to law school, Kevin spent seven years in Dallas, working in finance and marketing. Although he began his career working for Fortune 500 companies, an entrepreneurial spirit led Kevin to pursue roles in several startup companies. Later, he started his own business, a test preparation company. Having scored in the top five percent on the GMAT, LSAT, and GRE, Kevin used his test taking expertise to help thousands of students increase their scores and gain admission to graduate school.
Kevin is active in the business and startup communities. He is the Chair of the Texas State Bar Committee for Law Focused Education. He is also a board member of CFxAustin and the Texas Wranglers Alumni Association, and is the chair of the Greenville Avenue Area Business Association (which puts on the annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Dallas). He is a mentor for both RevTech, a leading venture accelerator and seed fund, and the Dallas Entrepreneur Center, which provides support and education to entrepreneurs and early-stage startups. Kevin is a founding member of The Dallas Angel Network (the “DAN”), a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting entrepreneurs with angel investors in Dallas. Further, Kevin co-manages a Dallas based venture capital fund, Blossom Street Ventures, which is currently on its fourth fund. He is also a member of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association and the Sports Lawyers Association. An accomplished and experienced speaker, Kevin has addressed large audiences on topics covering Startups, Venture Financing, Crowdfunding, and Fund Formation. Kevin is regularly published and quoted in local media outlets on these topics. Raised in Arlington, Kevin is an avid Dallas sports fan. Although he used to enjoy spending time at the local sporting arenas around town with his wife, Layla, they now spend most of their time pandering to their two children, Ariana and Arman.
Some of Kevin’s recent representations include:
- General Counsel for a a Dallas-based $10M venture fund.
- General Counsel for a Dallas-based $30M venture fund.
- General Counsel for RevTech, a Dallas-based accelerator.
- Represented a Dallas-based media company in a $15M acquisition.
- Represented a Dallas-based on-demand technology company in a $1.2M seed round.
- Represented a Dallas-based SaaS company in over $6M in venture financing.
- Represented an Australia-based public company in a $1.8M private investment.
- Represented a Nashville based consumer products company in a $3M exit to a publicly traded company.
- Represented a San Diego based SaaS startup in a $2 Series Seed round.
- Represented a Dallas based software startup in a $1.25M Series A round.
- Represented a Dallas based health analytics company in a $6M exit.
- Represented a Dallas based SaaS startup in a $1.1M Series A round.
- Represented an Austin-based social media startup in a $1M exit.
- Represented a Dubai based development company in $8M in real estate acquisitions.
- Represented a Fort Worth based real estate company in a condo reclassification and $2.2M re-financing.
- Represented a Kansas City entity in a $2.5M Private Equity investment deal.
The following recent transactions were conducted primarily or entirely in Spanish:
- Represented the buyer in the purchase of a loan company based in South Texas.
- Counseled a Dallas based Mexican restaurant in a member interest sale and corporate restructuring.