David is a senior associate at Vela Wood and focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, landlord-tenant law, consumer law, and personal injury claims.
David joined Vela Wood after graduating from Ave Maria School of Law in the spring of 2012, where he was an Associate Editor of the Ave Maria Law Review.
Always tell the truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said. – Mark Twain
Fun Facts about David Khirallah
- Favorite past time is watching Disney movies with David Jr.
- Is an honorary member of the 1992 Dream Team.
- David’s first car was a Nissan Sentra – so was his second and third.
During law school, David clerked for two law firms and gained practical experience in numerous areas including business litigation, real estate law, and personal injury claims. In 2010, he was a summer intern for the Honorable Orlando Garcia of the Western District of Texas and the Honorable Barbara Nellermoe in the 45th Judicial District Court in San Antonio. As a visiting 3rd year law student at SMU, David was a member of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program where he assisted low-income individuals file their tax returns.
David earned a B.A. in Economics and Finance and an M.B.A. in Corporate Finance from the University of Dallas.
Raised in Irving, David is an avid sports fan and enjoys playing golf. David is married to Monica Ramirez, an assistant district attorney in Denton County and he is the proud father of David Thomas Jr.
Some of David’s recent representations include:
- Successfully represented partnership against former partner on claims for breach of partnership agreement, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud.
- Managed trademark filings and successfully shut down competitor’s improper use of mark.
- Obtained summary judgment for IT placement firm in a breach of contract case.
- Successfully defended home security company on claims for breach of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.