Christopher M. Jaquez
Christopher is a Senior Counsel at Vela Wood. Clients seek Christopher’s strategic advice because of his broad corporate, finance, and transactional experience having represented private equity firms, corporations, funds, lenders, borrowers, hotel operators and joint ventures in M&A, corporate governance, intellectual property, and complex transactions in the U.S., Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. Christopher is licensed in Texas, New York, and England. Prior to joining Vela Wood, Christopher practiced law with Kirkland & Ellis in New York and with Vinson & Elkins in London, and has managed transactions that range in size from tens of millions to several billion dollars.Christopher attended Columbia Law School and the Oxford Institute of Legal Studies, QLTT. Prior to law school,Christopher received a BA in Economics from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Christopher is fluent in Spanish and is able to provide bilingual representation on request.
Email Christopher M. Jaquez
Some of Christopher’s representations prior to his time at Vela Wood:
- Representation of private equity client in a US$90 million LBO of a dental consortium.
- Representation of private equity client in acquisition of distressed debt and exit facility for US$35 million.
- Representation of international private equity in the acquisition of €2.6 billion of CMBS assets and non/performing loans secured by commercial real estate (mostly hotels) in several European countries.
- Counseled public company through an international restructuring, including a US$700 million acquisition financing of Australian and South African subsidiaries and a US$300 million ABL cross-border multicurrency facility.
- Representation of private equity client in negotiating a US$650 million senior credit facility in connection with the “going private” acquisition of a company providing pre-paid legal services.
- Representation of Dutch energy client selling stock and account receivables in connection with an oil and gas drilling project in Nigeria.
- Representation of international private equity in the acquisition and financing of €1.2 billion of interests in performing loans secured by portfolios of commercial real estate located in multiple EU countries.
- Representation of private equity client entering into US$4.0 and US$2.1 billion fund-level credit facilities.
- Representation of Texas company in litigation regarding trademark infringement and dilution under the Lanham Act.
- Representation of minor league baseball franchise with respect to trademarks, licensing, operations, vendors, and real estate.
- Representation of New York advertising agency in licensing negotiations, vendor contracts and litigation matters.