Carr is a senior associate in the transactional section at Vela Wood PC. He represents financial institutions, private equity funds and public and private companies across multiple industries, including real estate development, energy, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, and hospitality. He has a particular interest in emerging companies and startups.
Email Carr Staley
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
– Ursula K. Le Guin
Fun Facts about Carr Staley
Before attending law school, Carr worked as an insurance adjuster in rural Louisiana following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. It just so happens reading case law is much easier than climbing on roofs in the middle of nowhere.
Due to certain luggage-related travel complications, Carr has experienced the joys of a summer backpacking across Western Europe with no backpack. Or anything else for that matter.
- Carr decisively clinched his elementary school state fair with his ultra-realistic presentation of Arkansas. It’s hard to beat a chubby kid dressed up as Bill Clinton, complete with a sharp suit, Ray Bans and saxophone.
Carr’s practice focuses on advising his clients on a wide range of corporate and financial transactions, including commercial lending transactions, formation of venture capital funds and private equity funds, acquisitions and divestitures, and corporate restructuring and reorganization. Carr also assists his clients with general corporate governance and compliance matters.
- Represented an oil and gas exploration and production company in an acquisition of approximately 1875 net acres and non-operated working interests in 214 producing wells in the Bakken Shale in North Dakota and Montana.
- Represented a purchaser in a $9 million asset acquisition from a veteran employment and recruiting service.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $188 million membership interest acquisition from a heavy equipment manufacturer.
- Represented a hotel developer in a $171 million Regulation S private offering in connection with the development of a convention center hotel.
- Represented a hotel developer in an $8 million Regulation D private offering in connection with the development of hotel properties.
- Represented a pharmaceutical group in a $200,000 Regulation D private offering in connection with the development of a compounding pharmacy.
- Represented a hospital group in $3.08 million Regulation D private offering in connection with the development of a hospital.